Shrimp is one of my favorite sea foods. They are also really easy to make if you just want to eat them plain. I like to buy a bag of frozen jumbo shrimp and then take a handful as a good snack for protein and Omega 3s. Tip: To defrost frozen shrimp, it is best to just soak them in a luke warm bowl of water for a few minutes so they can defrost. Sometimes defrosting in the microwave can toughen them up. Now for some yummy ideas using Jumbo shrimp:
- Marinate your shrimp with some diced garlic, basil, some sea salt, and olive oil.
- Take a handful of shrimp and wrap each one in a piece of prosciutto. Put in a toaster oven at 350 for a couple minutes to heat the prosciutto.
- Quickly saute a handful of shrimp in a pan with a small pat of butter, and season with Creole spices for a zesty tang.
- If you got 15 minutes, here's an awesome recipe for Malaysian Coconut Shrimp with Cognac from Steamy Kitchen.
- For a quick tasty shrimp dip, here's a recipe for a Spicy Garlic Aioli Dipping Sauce from Whole Foods Kitchen.