In my smoothies, I use rice milk in lieu of cow's milk because I have a Type II allergy to cow and goat milk. Really, you cannot tell the difference. If you want to make a milkshake, using the rice milk based ice cream like Rice Dream tastes literally the same especially when you throw in fruits and cocoa.
My favorite smoothie of late as shown above has:
- Frozen organic strawberries and mango (I keep a bag in the fridge for ease)
- Fresh organic Banana
- Rice Milk (I like the Whole Foods 365 Organic version the best. Plus it's cheap.)
- Unsweetened organic shredded coconut flakes. I like these coconut flakes from Edward & Sons
- Raw chocolate cacao nibs. Many of the raw places I go to use this Navitas Naturals cacao which is certified organic, kosher, vegan, and raw.
- A couple squirts of agave nectar (What can I say I like added sweetness)
I like to add in the cacao nibs because there is something to chew in the smoothie. Unbelievably, these cacao nibs have no sugars and 9g of fiber + 4g protein per 1ounce. I like smoothies where you get to chew as well as slurp.