If you need a quick bean salad dish or a non-meat protein dish to make, this one is fast, simple and requires no stove cooking.
- 1 can Butter Beans (I like Eden Organic Butter Beans)
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes (or more if you like tomatoes)
- 1-1/2 tbsp garlic infused olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Salt to taste (or garlic salt if you don't have garlic infused olive oil)
Let's start creating:
- Butter Beans are also known as Petite Lima Beans, so if you like Lima Beans you can use those too. I think this bean salad is best served chilled, so I put the can of butter beans in the fridge the day before making the dish.
- Open the can and give the beans a quick rinse. In the can, some beans can get mushed up and then create a "gooiness" on the other beans, so I like to give the beans a quick rinse just so they can be shiny as possible.
- Slice the red onion pretty thin, and cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Pour onto the butter beans the garlic infused olive oil, red wine vinegar, and salt and toss everything around with a spoon. I have this garlic infused olive oil that I like to use in all my salads, but if you don't have any, you can use plain evoo and add in some garlic salt or powder. Also, I like to use olive oil and vinegar on the low side. If you like more vinegary punch or oil, add more to your taste. Instead of regular salt, sometimes I'll use seasoning salt just to do something different.
- Throw in the cherry tomatoes, and give the beans another good mix. It's good to stir in the tomatoes last just so that they don't get beat up too much in the stirring process.
Voila! The butter bean salad is now ready to serve.