I found the best food deal of the day, one pack of 12 Whole Foods 365 brand organic corn tortillas for 99 cents. And best, three tortillas are only 140 calories. Nice! So, I've been on this taco eating arc. The other day, I made green salad tacos, and for dinner last night I made garlic scallops with tomato, spinach and arugula tacos which were so easy and fast to make. Here's what I used:
- Medium size scallops (found some frozen ones on sale)
- Some crushed garlic
- Garlic salt
- Trader Joe's 21Seasoning Salute (I love this stuff. So multi-purpose)
- Fresh spinach
- Fresh arugula
- Chopped up vine tomatoes
- Corn tortillas
Let's start cookin'
- Heat up a pan with some evoo and saute the garlic for about a minute.
- Toss in the scallops and then season with a pinch of garlic salt and the Trader Joe's 21Seasoning Salute. Cook the scallops until they are golden which shouldn't take too long.
- I like to use the TJ's seasoning because it adds speckles to the scallops. What can I say, the designer in me just likes things to look dimensional. You can use any multi-ingredient seasoning if you don't have the TJ's stuff.
- While scallops are cooking, heat the corn tortillas in another pan. I just slightly wet the tacos and dry cook them in the pan to heat them up.
- Throw onto the tortilla first your spinach and arugula, then the tomatoes, and the scallops last. Be sure to scoop in some of the toasty garlic bits because that will give you some nice flavor.
I eat my tacos plain with just these ingredients because there's enough flavors for me to enjoy but you can add some hot sauce or a salad dressing like honey mustard or Brianna's has this new Ginger Mandarin dressing which sounds really delicious.