Steaz has come out with a new line of Organic Iced Teaz, and when I saw these new cans on the shelf at the grocery store, the first thing I thought to myself was, "I LOVE the smiling faces of people from other countries."
I mean look at that array. There are six new flavors and the photographs represent fair trade farmers from Sri Lanka, China and Africa where Steaz sources its tea. According to Steaz:
Even cooler, a percentage of proceeds from the sale of Steaz beverages benefits the Sri Lanka Foundation to rebuild homes and lives in the tsunami ravaged region. Before I tasted the tea, I'm already digging these people.
So how did the tea taste?
I tried the Blueberry/ Pomegranate/Acai Green Tea, and the White Tea with Lime and Pomegranate both chilled. I have a new favorite folks. Here's what I liked:
- It's organic
- The fruit flavors were just a whisper and I liked that because sometimes fruit flavors can take over.
- Lightly sweet and crisp. The sweet balance was perfect here because most sweetened teas often fall into the too sweet category for me where you feel like you're drinking more sugar than tea. Not here, and I was thrilled.
- Only 40 calories per 8oz, and each can is 16oz so that means 80 calories total
- 10g of sugar per 8oz. That's 3g less than a VitaminWater.
- Sweetened with organic evaporated cane juice
- Besides being certified organic, and fair trade, the teaz are certified vegan.
The other four flavors include Peach, Mint, and Unsweetened with Lemon Green Tea, and Black Tea with Lemon. Here is a product locater.
You definitely must drink the tea chilled because warm it's not so enjoyable. This is actually a perfect tea to serve at brunch, a spa date, or a bridal or baby shower. For the healthy living conscious who want a sweetened tea without artificial or processed sugars, definitely give these Steaz Organic Iced Teaz a try. An iced cold Steaz would definitely hit the spot after a good workout!