Last night, Season 5 of The Next Food Network Star premiered and to keep it nibbly and interesting like a zesty tapas dish, we're gonna serve up our thoughts on Epi One tweet style.
btw, spoiler-ish alert...If you don't wanna know, how about a mosey over to check out our recipe for a Mojito Guacamole with Cassava chips.
- Meet the cast of 10. I have two clear favorites already but I'll keep you guessing on that one.
- Overall: Will this cast be more exciting to watch over Law & Order Criminal Intent in same time slot? Magic 8 ball says: Cannot predict now.
- Flay, Bob, and Susie are back. We liked watching the culinary point of view on TV like season 4. This time gotta watch the web vids.
- First act: Impress A-Listers of the Food Network at FN's Sweet 16 party. Access Hollywood in the house. zOMG! Toss the newbies in the pit.
- Red team: Shitake happens when you have no list. Likey the David Copperfield with zucchini. One makes us want to shimmy with Go-Go boots.
- Green team: Bubba, seriously? High 5 for mango & jicama but not the shrimp. Everybody loves sweet tarts. Dimples can't save the taterfail.
- Our guess for the final 4: Jeffrey, Jamika, Michael, Melissa/Brett. Melissa is more reachable but Brett is more entertaining. Toss up.
- The one who gets sent home was not a shocker. Wish the judges would add a bit more heat to their assessments.
- Feel it in our bones. One of them will end up on the new Food 2.
- If you want full play-by-play of Epi One, Foodie in Disguise has the meaty deets.
Your two cents?