Picture: Trio Hummus appetizer at My Big Fat Greek Restaurant in Paradise Valley Phoenix, AZ. Pumpkin, Traditional, Village (spicy). Shot with an iPhone 3GS.
Hummus is one of my top 10 favorite foods. To me, for any event or meal, you just cannot go wrong with this garbanzo fabulousness. Hummus is also one of my favorite foods to eat post workout because you can get protein without feeling heavy.
To mix it up a bit and have some fun, here are 10 different variations of classic hummus. All recipes come with a picture:
- Edamame hummus. Edamame is another Steph favorite. This hummus recipe also includes a recipe for homemade Lavosh crackers. [The Ceramic Canvas]
- Pumpkin Hummus. Dig a Fall version. [Appetite for China]
- Hummus with Carmelized Onions. We luvs carmelized onions. [No Recipes]
- Chipotle Mustard Hummus. 4-ingredients. Very simple. [Bella Eats]
- Roasted Garlic Hummus. Soft mushy garlic is just divine. [dyln]
- Cilantro Jalapeno Hummus. Cayenne pepper adds even more fire. [Annie's Eats]
- Beetroot Hummus with mint and coriander. This recipe is in Italian but it's totally worth just gawking at the gorgeous pictures. I almost wanted to lick the screen. [Il Pranzo di Babette]
- Curried Pineapple Hummus. Adding fruit is a creative compliment. [cogito, ergo creo]
- Kale with Sun Dried Tomato Hummus. Kale is green goodness. [Cook Think]
- Cucumber Dill Hummus. Adding some thrill with dill. [28 Cooks]
Do you have a favorite hummus recipe that is a twist on the classic version? Please share with us hungry noshers!