Okay, Thanksgiving is on Thursday and you still need some side dish ideas. Not to worry because like you I am a last minute planner or I should say a fly by the seat of my pants planner.
You gotta give us some credit for creativity under pressure...which ironically is how I work better, in the pressure cooker.
To start off the food gluttony day, try my healthy breakfast nosh in the photo above which is a protein packed Pumpkin Yogurt Parfait with Bananas and Gingersnap Granola. The parfait is seriously yum, easy to make, and healthy!
From some fabulous foodies around the blogosphere, here are 5 and then some noshy ideas for Thanksgiving dishes including mouth-watering photos which if you can't make the dish, you can at least drool over the picture.
- Simple side from yours truly: Soft Golden Beets With Shaved Manchego And Toasted Pecans [Noshtopia]
- The Well Blog has about 52 recipes of all vegetable dishes good for sides or for vegetarian and vegan options. The pictures alone in the gallery will make you drool like Maple-roasted Brussels sprouts, Couscous Salad With Dried Cranberries and Pecans, and Endive and Radicchio Salad With Caramelized Pear, Walnut-Ice Wine Vinegar Dressing and Blue Cheese Fritters. [NY Times]
- Tropical Twist: Orange-Pineapple Ambrosia Salad [Babble]
- My kind of taters: Boozed-up vegan sweet potatoes [What Would Cathy Eat]
- Straight up: Wild Rice and Cranberry Salad with Sugared Walnuts and Tarragon served in martini glasses [Satisfied]
- Sauce Twist: Cranberry Sauce with Pear & Pomegranate [Family Fresh Cooking]
- Get Your Green-on: Kale Salad with Mango, Red Banana, White Truffle Olive Oil, and Pepitas [Seven Cloves]
- Protein packed grain: Spinach and Feta Quinoa Salad [Closet Cooking]
- Oh stuff me: Chestnut Stuffing with Leeks & Apples [The Parsley Thief]
- Snackage for watching football: Crimson Corn Bacon Popcorn [Simply Scratch]
If you have any yummy quick Thanksgiving side dish ideas, please share the link in comments!