Eggplant or aubergine is one of my favorite nightshades. From a creativity perspective, what I find fun about eggplant is that you can mush it up like in Baba Ganoush, dice and cube it up to mix with meats like ground turkey, or cut thin slices of large eggplant and use them as wraps or mini taco-like shells. The eggplant is definitely not a boring food!
With help from good-tasting food bloggers around the noshosphere, here are 5 recipes along with mouth-watering photos that incorporate eggplant!
- Fries revisited: Eggplant fries sprinkled with salt and drizzled in honey. Instead of honey, I'd try agave nectar also. [Use Real Butter]
- Cute and gluten-free: Two-bite garden-fresh pesto and eggplant pizzas. [Stetted]
- Slurping the festive fruit topping: Soba noodles with eggplant and pomegranate. [Eden Kitchen]
- Better than a Hot Pocket: Vegan empanadas stuffed with eggplant and tomato. [Imagelicious]
- Nice over rice or Quinoa: Stir-Fried Shrimp with Garlicky Eggplant, Scallions, and Cashews. [Pink Parsley]
What's one of your favorite dishes with eggplant?