I have never had bison meat before and so when I heard about the Bison Chili at True Food, I had to try it just out of curiosity and you know what, it was fantastic!
In fact, had anyone not told me it was bison I would have thought it was beef. I ate the whole bowl!
- Lower in fat- For 3oz cut, bison has 2.4g of fat and lean beef has 10g of fat.
- Lower in calories - because the meat is lower in fat.
- Packs 3.42mg iron per 3.5oz cut (higher than beef, pork, chicken, and salmon)
- High in Vitamin B12, B6 and Omega-3s
- Can be easier to digest than beef
The Tuscan Kale salad is also simple and light and kale is one of my top power foods. I cannot say enough about kale. In fact, if you've been reading me for awhile, you may have noticed that I talk about kale almost every week.
Here is the recipe for Dr. Andrew Weil's Tuscan Kale salad. I usually eat the salad without the cheese to cut down calories and fat. I highly recommend it! So yum.