Popeye is hot because he eats spinach! Okay, we're getting a bit nostalgic here, but really, if a super-hero type cartoon character can't make spinach an inspiring thing to eat, then who can? Okay maybe trainer Bob Harper can since he's gone vegan.
In the picture above is a recipe for a dish I made of wilted spinach with garlic and nutmeg. Oh yes, we put some holiday flair in our greens.
From fantastic foodie bloggers around the noshosphere including mouth-watering photos, here are 5 noshy things you can eat with spinach.
- Power morning: Green Monster Muffin with spinach...there is also a vegan version of the recipe included. [The Chic Life]
- A cornacopia of green: Homemade cavatelli with fava beans, dandelion greens, kale and spinach. [Feeding Maybelle]
- Bulk food fun: Rye berry salad with pine nuts and spinach. [The City Sisters]
- Burger-tastic: Scallion-studded, spinach-laced, juicy turkey burgers with a lip-smacking soy-ginger sauce...dairy and gluten-free. [A Doctor's Kitchen]
- Packed with green, good fats, and protein: Spinach, avocado, berries & smoked salmon salad with home-made strawberry balsamic reduction. [Baking at Midnight]
What is one of your favorite spinach dishes?