This is one of my favorite shrimp salad sandwiches because the shrimp salad is easy to make and the pea shoots add a nice texture of greens if you are bored with lettuce or mixed greens in your sandwich.
The shrimp salad is also dairy, egg, and soy free. Trader Joe's sells a tasty par-baked vegan ciabatta loaf. The sandwich is really awesome when the bread is still warm from the oven. I got the pea shoots from Trader Joe's as well.
Shrimp salad (about 3 servings):
- 1 cup pre-cooked jumbo shrimp cut into small bits. You can use baby shrimp as well.
- 1/2 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp diced fresh chives
- 2 tbsp Grapeseed Vegenaise - I use this to make the salad dairy, egg, and soy free.
- 2tbsp Brianna's Poppy seed dressing - This dressing is vegan and soy-free.
- sea salt and black pepper
- Olive oil
In a small saucepan on medium heat, saute the garlic in olive oil until the garlic is soft.
Toss in the shrimp, season with some sea salt and black pepper to taste, and saute the shrimp with the garlic for about a minute. Since the shrimp is pre-cooked, no need to cook long.
Put the shrimp in a bowl and set in the fridge for about 15 minutes to cool down.
When the shrimp is cooled, mix in the vegenaise, Poppy seed dressing, and chives. Mix all ingredients together until the shrimp is evenly coated.
Cut the ciabatta loaf into desired sandwich size. Place pea shoots onto bread and a scoop or two of the shrimp salad.