Are you confused by the title yet oddly curious? Yes, this cheesy Cheddar Mac & Cheese you see does not actually have dairy cheese in it. But, it looks just like regular mac n cheese doesn't it?
This cheddar is completey animal-free and is made with our favorite Daiya Cheddar Wedge. The Cheddar is also soy and gluten free.
I've become addicted to roasting lately, so at the farmer's market yesterday, I found these cute yellow cherub tomatoes, and roasted them with fresh thyme, sea salt, and olive oil in the oven for 15 minutes at 375 degrees.
Oh my, the roasted tomatoes and thyme with the Daiya cheddar reminded me ofeating pizza.
To make my dairy-free Mac & Cheese all you need to do is:
- Boil some pasta shells with a tad olive oil and salt. I used World Market Lumaconi Pasta Shells
- Drain shells and put into a bowl
- Break up chunks of the Daiya cheddar and place onto the shells
- Microwave the cheddar and shells until the cheddar melts (about 45-60 seconds)
- Mix until all the shells are covered.
It's that simple. Enjoy your cheeseless cheesy Mac & Cheese!