Now that it is Fall, there are plenty of pumpkin foods to enjoy. Besides the meat of the pumpkin also consider eating the seeds.
Pumpkin seeds or Pepitas (in Spanish) are not only tasty especially when slightly toasted, these seeds are loaded with vitamins, minerals, amino acids, carbohydrates and essential fatty acids. Here are some health benefits of pumpkin seeds from Livestrong. Pumpkin seeds are also a dietary source of L-tryptophan which can help aid in the healing of depression.
I eat pumpkin seeds all the time because I like the crunch and the flavor. I'll throw the seeds on salads, yogurt, and ice cream, or eat them plain especially as a post workout snack.
To help spark your creativity, here are some delicious dishes using pumpkin seeds from fabulous food bloggers around the noshosphere:
- Homemade Trail mix with autumn flavors - pumpkin seeds, pistachios, cranberries, cinnamon and nutmeg. [Tasty Eats At Home]
- Asian-flavored kale and cabbage slaw with pumpkin seeds [Lisa is Cooking]
- Shrimp salad with peppery greens, sunflower and pumpkin Seeds [Wishful Chef]
- Zucchini quinoa salad with microgreens, feta, and pumpkin seeds [Gourmande in the Kitchen]
- And for some tips on how to roast pumpkin seeds in 5 fun ways like Sugar’n’Spice Pumpkin Seeds [Cherry Tea Cakes]
How do you like to eat pumpkin seeds?