This is my kind of healthy fast food, and a new vegan favorite great for Meatless Monday! This dish takes about 5-minutes to make and no-cooking is involved except cutting up some tomato, avocado, and onion chunks, and micro-waving an 8.5oz bag of Organic Ready-to-heat Quinoa Brown Rice from Seeds of Change Foods. I bought a whole small case of the stuff at Costco.
I went the extra mile and used all organic ingredients in my dish.
Ingredients (makes 2 cups)
- One 8.5 oz bag Organic Ready-to-heat Quinoa Brown Rice from Seeds of Change Foods
- 1/2 medium avocado cut into small chunks
- 1/2 medium tomato cut into small chunks
- One handful of fresh arugula
- 1/2 can of black beans
- 2 tbsp of chopped onion
- sea salt to taste
- *option: 1/4 tbsp of hot sauce or Srichacha to add some heat
Microwave the Quinoa & Brown Rice for 90 seconds according to instructions. Let cool down a minute.
Mix in the tomato, onion, and avocado first. Add in the black beans and arugula. Mix all ingredients well together.
Take a taste test. Add sea salt according to taste. I added about 3 pinches of salt. For the heat option, add in the hot sauce and mix well.
Done! How easy was that to make? Here is a quick little Vine video to show you how I made my dish.